26 Jan 2011

Bretonnia Wins!

So on Monday I got to try my first game of Warhammer with my mighty Knights of Bretonnia.  I was playing against Dan and his girly High Elves in a 1000 point game. Looking back it seems that Dan has misjudged his army list and points as there was a maaasive difference in forces!


I was rocking with the following list:

Paladin, Lance, Shield, Royal Pegasus, Dispel Scroll, Virtue of the Joust .... 166
Army Battle Standard, lance, shield, warhorse...... 80
8 Knights Of the Realm, musician, standard..... 226
9 Knights Of the Realm, musician, standard .... 240
14 Bowmen with Braziers......89
14 Bowmen with Braziers......89
18 men at Arms, musician, standard......105


I won set up and got Dan to start deploying. I then would pray to the lady of the lake for good fortune.

Turn 1 his Elysians moved up my left flank and kill 2 of my bowmen, his army advance forward out of charge reach (well, a lucky charge could still hit)

My turn 1, I charge through the woods with the left unit of KoTR and smash the puny Elf horseman down to a single guy. He then runs off the board and I follow ready to come on in turn 2 (and thus avoid a counter charge from the Sword Masters) My bowmen shoot the Sword Masters and Sea Guard killing 2 in each unit.

Turn 2 Dan advances again, detaches his mage and gets ready for the pain!

My turn 2 the archers both unload into the Sword Masters. They then break and run like the sissy elfmen they are. The right block of KoTR charge the Seaguard and slap them silly, the Army Standard hitting hard. The Seaguard break and run, I pursue and we call it quits!

Turns out Dan thinks he was using only 600 points. I have no idea where he got the list from but he reckons that both the Sword Masters and Sea Guard are bulked out more.

Meh, a win's a win! For the Lady, our King and Bretonnia!!


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More